Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wedding Card - Cute & Practical

This one here is my first attempt at making a Wedding Card. It was made upon the request of my blogger friend, Twilight Zone.

He wanted a card that:
1) could hold ang-pows
2) have a funny couple holding hands outwide with “congratulations” message

I took his suggestions but incorporated my own style into the card. At the front of the card, I made a tux and a dress to symbolize the groom and bride. I tied them together with a ribbon to symbolize their union in marriage.



Custom-made Wedding Card (sold)


To open the card, the ribbon can be untied.


Inside design of the card


Inside the card, I made an ang-pow pocket which I decorated using a pair of rings (again to symbolize the bride and groom) and some flowers. I had rubber-stamped some heart-shaped patterns onto a black paper to help make the rings stand out more. Seen in the picture here is a sample of how to insert the ang-pow envelope in the pocket (had to use an old CNY ang-pow envelope as measurement for the pocket as that was the only one I had).

Close-up of the design on the pocket



An ang-pow packet inserted into the pocket


Instead of the “Congratulations!” message he wanted, I opted to go with “To Have & To Hold, Forever & Ever”. As I had used quite a number of symbols to represent the bride and groom on the card, having “Congratulations!” just didn’t feel like it was good enough. It just didn’t jive with the overall theme of the card.




This card is 21cm (H) x 14.8cm (W) and comes with a white envelope.

Get your updates on Perky Designs by subscribing here.

2 comments:

A Common Singaporean said...

nice one perky. good touch on the rings idea.

Perky said...

Tq! I try my best to make my cards as thoughtful as possible :)